Saturday, January 12, 2013

Java issue in Google Chrome

So I updated Java 7 Update 9 (Which was working fine) to Java 7 Update 10, and now I can't use Java in my Google Chrome browser, I get the error message "Java(TM) is required to view some elements on this page.", I have tried uninstalling java multiple times and no matter what I still get this error.

I've tried installing Java from the dialog on the page page with the Java applet, I've tried installing the offline version, and the online installer version, but still I end up with that message as a result.

It works in Internet Explorer 10, and I have confirmed that Java is enabled in browser in the Java Control Panel, and I have Java 32 bit and 64 bit installed and have checked both control panels and they both have Java enabled.

It didn't work in Windows 7, and I have Upgraded to Windows 8 recently and it still doesn't work.

I have checked in chrome://plugins to confirm that Java is not disable there, and I notice that the path of the plugin is "C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\npDeployJava1.dll", since Chrome is a 32bit browser shouldn't this be the npDeployJava1 in System32, not the one in SysWOW64?

If this is the problem how would I change it?

My version of Chrome is: 24.0.1312.52 if that helps.(Didn't work in version 23 either.)

Also I have tried to uninstall all the Java's and re-install Google Chrome and then re-install Java again (Just the 32-bit version at first) and it did not help.

Source: http://superuser.com/questions/532943/java-issue-in-google-chrome

festivus festivus nfl playoff picture nfl playoff picture Peter Billingsley Larry King Suzy Favor Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment